Sunday, January 20, 2008

South American jewellery art???

Mummy adorned with bone jewellery...
A Kwakwaka'wakw girl wearing abalone earrings and a cedar bark cloak, circa 1914. From "Totems to Turquoise" by Chalker

Francine Hunt in 1914. Her husband assisted anthropologists in the collection and documentation of tribal artifacts. From "Totems to Turquoise" by Chalker.


I have been searching for South American jewellery art on the internet…
I have some blind spots, South America is one of these spots, China and Russia is some others.
I’m just curios about what’s out there, what I may be having missed…

If someone who visits my blog knows anything about South American contemporary jewellery art, please tell me.
If you know some links, some nice blog etc.
I think the most things that I find were native art… Old jewellery’s… as the one with the mummy adorned with bone jewellery… and a Kwakwaka'wakw girl wearing abalone earrings… Even if I think this is interesting and that we have to know the past to understand the age in which we live in…

No comments: