Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Marion Peck...






Marion Peck is one of my absolutely favourites in the art world…
I think that her paintings are sad, confused, remarkable and very, very interesting…
And fun in some way.
Just to do paintings as posters is a good idea, I really love the way she handle the connection about the “real” world, the fairy tale and the connecting between children and there’s animals, the real once or the fantasy once… You never really know when you look at these paintings… What it is… a nice fantasy world, with a lot of subtexts…

Look for your self at her website:
http://www.marionpeck.com/index.html
In these two paintings is no children in, but if you look at her website you will find what I’m talking about. I love all the big eyes animals… It’s like they talking to me as; -take me home.

2 comments:

Bibbi said...

and also a bit scary, so much idyllic surroundings can't bo all good...
Thanks for introducing her

paula said...

Hi Bibbi.
Nice that you like it.
I don´t know the English word for skräckblandad förtjusning, but that´s the way I think it is...
I love the scary among the idyllic... Marion Peck is so good and interesting, I think!