Monday, November 26, 2007

Andi Gut... at gallery hnoss in Gothenburg.






















Andi Gut a jewellery artist from Schweiz, also professor at Pforzheim in Germany.

I was listening at Andi Guts lecture at HDK this Friday and then I went to the opening at gallery Hnoss at Konstepidemin here in Gothenburg.

I can warmly recommend the exhibition!
I like it very much and also the way that Andy Gut is working, the way to jewellery, when I was listing to him at HDK, I got the feel that the way is the goal. He work with the material; nylon, and I have never ever seen it before… But my world is not so big… I really, really like the material, nylon; it has a nice and interesting flexibility.

Andi Gut has also worked with fingernails, eyelashes and teeth, just to see the possibility in organic materials, I like the idea and the things he comes up with, and unfortunate these jewelleries aren’t in this exhibition.

Andi Gut also told us, who was listing to he’s speech at Friday that people often talk about his jewelleries as something coming from “under the water”…
That was a funny view of thinking, I think… Because in my own jewellery world is it like this; if you don’t know what it is, it can always be a brooch!
But if you don’t know what it is and it has an organic shape, then it is from the under water world. Nice thought! May be we all can use this term in everyday life too, when we don’t know some thing or what ever, we can always say; it’s from the under water world!

24 November – 16 December at gallery hnoss.
www.konstepidemin.com/hnoss

No comments: